6/25/2011

Cella + Jacques Prévert = ♥

Quartier Libre - Jacques Prévert  

I put my cap in the cage
and went out with the bird on my head
So
one no longer salutes
asked the commanding officer
No
one no longer salutes
replied the bird
Ah good
excuse me I thought one saluted
said the commanding officer
You are fully excused everybody makes mistakes
said the bird.
Photobucket
Jacques Prévert - (born Feb. 4, 1900, Neuilly-sur-Seine, France — died April 11, 1977, Omonville-la-Petite)
French poet and screenwriter. A shop worker, he began writing after his military service. 
Influenced by the Symbolist movement, he renewed the ancient tradition of oral poetry, 
creating "song poems" about Paris street life, collected in the anthology Words (1945). 
Many were put to music and became extremely popular. His excellent screenplays for 
Marcel Carné include The Children of Paradise (1945), Spectacle (1951), and Things and Other Things (1972).

3 comments:

ArtSparker said...

I know Children of Paradise, of course, have not heard of the other two - I wonder if they are available. thanks for the short history!

cella anita celic said...

very happy to share! ;D

withoutwordswouldyouknow said...

everything you do makes me hungry for more




(dearest cella,
i apologise for the prolonged silence..i am currently laptopless and in the throes of withdrawl!
i hope though that summer is treating you kindly..or vice versa :))